The Association of Colon & Rectal Surgeons of India offers a fellowship in the speciality of Coloproctology ,designated as FACRSI whereby a specialty Diploma Certificate would be granted by the Association after examining the eligible candidates who have undergone training in the specialty through the instructional course organized by this Association as a part of its National Training Programme.
Earlier ACRSI used to organize Basic Instructional Course in April & Advanced Instructional Course in September which was followed by Annual Conference.From 2013 both the courses would be clubbed together which will be followed by Examination.To appear for examination the following criterion have been laid down.
1) He/She should be a post graduate of General Surgery either MS / DNB in General Surgery.
2) He/She should be a member of ASI / ACRSI (Both).
3) He/She should attend Training Course in Coloproctology.
4) He/She should attend Annual Conference preceding & succeeding examination .
The Association of Colon & Rectal Surgeon of India would hold the Fellowship Examination once every year. This examination is designed to identify those surgeons who have detailed knowledge of Coloproctological Diseases and wish to practice as a specialist in Coloproctology Surgery. They should have reached a stage, where they should be capable of tackling complicated & complex Colorectal Problems independently. The emphasis of the examination would be on scientific & clinical knowledge of the surgeon. they must know the scientific basis of investigations & treatment & must be able to undertake or guide research projects & must know the importance of surgical audit.
|Full fee for all three parts||Rs. 15000|
|Part I only||Rs. 5000|
|Part II only||Rs. 5000|
|Part III only||Rs. 5000|
|Fellowship initiation fee||Rs. 3000|
FACRSI is a Fellowship Diploma conferred by the Association of Colon and Rectal Surgeons of India after training and examination of the eligible surgeons. This diploma presently is not recognized either by Medical Council of India or the National Board of Medicine.
Demand draft of the examination fee should be drawn in favour of “The Association of Colon and Rectal Surgeons of India” payable at Mumbai and sent to
Dr. Roysuneel Vasudev Patankar,
C/O Dr. Niranjan Agarwal, Salasar Nursing Home b,Ground Floor, Salasar Classic Fatak Road
Near Nagar Bhavan Hall, Bhayndar
You may make neft to Association of Colon and Rectal Surgeons of India.
Completed application form along with a copy of bank demand draft of the examination fee or neft details should be sent with the following documents to the below mentioned address:
- Two recent photographs.
- Photocopy of the fellowship instructional course of ACRSI.
- Photocopy of the attendance certificate of national conference of ACRSI.
Dr Nisar A.Chowdri
Vakil Colony, Brein, Nishat
Srinagar, J&K India – 191121.
FACRSI examination consists of 3 parts.
Part – I – MCQ and Short Answer Questions
(100 mts. and 100 marks each.)
Part – II – Long Answer Question (100 marks)
Viva Voce (90marks)
Log book (10 marks)
Part – III – Long and Short Cases (100 marks)
- Examination is held immediately after the fellowship course in the month of April.
- 50% marks are Minimum Pass Marks
- One should qualify Part – I to be eligible for Part –II and to be eligible for Part – III, one should pass Part –II examination.
- One is declared to have passed fellowship examination if he clears all the tree parts.
- Usually Part –I and Part –II are held on day 1. While as Part –III is held on day 2 and usually completed by afternoon depending on number of candidates.
Fellowship is awarded in the next convocation in Annual national conference ACRSICON usually held in the month of September.
Fellowship Exam Date: April 6 and 7, 2019
Fellowship Course Online Registration Form : click here
Fellowship Exam Registration Form : click here